Currently, there are more than 10 000 crypto coins worldwide, and therefore it’s more complicated than ever to stand out among competitors with your crypto business. As most websites’ traffic comes mainly from Google searches, getting your blockchain business in the high rankings on search lists is essential.
While implementing on-page SEO optimization for crypto businesses is often done successfully, companies have more difficulty with efficient link building in this sector simply because getting backlinks on quality websites in this niche is challenging and costly.
To ease the link building process for your crypto business, we have put together a little guide to help your crypto website reach a new level of success. Keep reading to find the best tactics to create quality backlinks and get some insight on crypto link building do’s and don’ts.
Getting Started With Link Building In Crypto
Assuming that you are already familiar with other SEO tactics like writing metadata and have researched keywords for crypto terms that fit your business, it’s time to focus on link building to build credibility and authority and boost your SEO even further.
First things first – what is link building? Link building is an SEO strategy to get other websites to link back to your website. Besides sending trust signals for Google, backlinks also help with brand reputation and customer perception.
A few things to keep in mind while reading the article
- Not all links are equal. Getting a backlink from a high authority site has a much more significant impact than a link from a brand new website. Always prefer quality over quantity.
- Creating high-quality content will pave the way for successful collaborations. While writing up valuable good content is time-consuming, it invites others to share it and thus makes it much simpler to form partnerships and get backlinks.
On-site Crypto SEO and links
Let’s quickly cover what on-page SEO and links are. On-site SEO refers to the content you have on your website, its appearance, and user-friendliness, and the on-page links are divided into internal and external links.
It is less common for crypto sites to have their blog than in other industries.
For enhancing the SEO of your crypto website, it’s essential to use both internal and external linking to get the best results.
External links refer to links that direct customers from your website to other sites. Including highly relevant external websites in your article will give a signal to Google about what the article is about and that you have used trustworthy sources for your research and therefore help you with your rankings.
Internal links direct customers from one part of your website to another. Search engine bots known as crawlers work tirelessly to learn what every page on the internet is about so they can display them when needed. Using internal links pushes crawlers to find and analyze every part of your website better and, thus, be more visible on Google.
To further boost your ratings with internal links, choose one of your website’s high-authority pages and link from there to a lower-rank page, giving the lower-ranking page more credibility.
Furthermore, building a network of such links will create connections within your website and give you a better chance to rank in important search phrases.
EXTRA TIP: Make sure to optimize your URL. Your URL should never contain random numbers and letters. Always follow the hierarchy of the website. Keep your URL to 4-5 maximum and include important keywords to help crawlers understand the specific page better.
Off-site crypto SEO link building
Now, let’s look at how to successfully boost your off-site SEO and link building strategy by focusing on aspects like guest posting, link insertion, brand mentions, and more.
After getting through this section, you will have an overview of building credibility and boosting your search engine rankings further.
Write guest posts
Guest posting is a method where your copywriters create content for another website to enhance your SEO by including backlinks in the post. Besides getting backlinks, you will also gain exposure and present your brand as a source of knowledge.
The guest article must cover a relevant topic both for the publishing site and your business and feature a link redirecting visitors to a suitable part of your website. For instance, if your guest post talks about NFT marketing, you can choose to highlight an article about NFTs from your own website, where readers can find additional information.
Getting started with guest posting is simple in nature. Look for crypto-related websites that are a accepting guest posts, reach out to them and pitch your idea where you include why you believe the topic is valuable for their audience.
Some benefits you will receive from guest posting
- Increasing brand awareness. By writing guest posts, you will be findable for people interested in similar topics your brand covers, and likely you will draw in some new readers.
- Establishing yourself in the crypto community. If you are frequently in the picture on known cryptocurrency websites, the community will start seeing you as an authoritative figure in the field. Ensure your name is always displayed with your guest posts so the readers can connect you and your brand with the posts.
One of the main takeaways to get the best results from guest posting is that the websites shouldn’t be chosen randomly. Try to find opportunities for guest posting on sites that fit within your niche and are authoritative.
Ask for link insertion and offer link exchanges
Link insertion is a similar SEO tactic to guest posting, but instead of creating content yourself, your crypto website link will be placed within existing content.
To excel with link insertion, look for authoritative websites in your niche with well-written blog posts that fit with the content you create and reach out to them, offering either paid link insertion or link exchange.
By using link insertion, you and your partners will be able to improve readers’ experience with a valuable external link and drive traffic to your own site without spending hours creating new content.
Find unlinked brand mentions
Unlinked brand mentions are a perfect way to get backlinks from where opportunities already exist. As your content or brand is already mentioned, it’s a clear indication that they have seen value in what you have to offer and want to share it with their audience.
Now all you have to do is reach out and ask them to include a link that would redirect visitors to the most relevant part of your website.
BuzzSumo’s tool for finding brand mentions
Steps to find unlinked brand mentions
- Do research. You can use tools such as SEMrush or BuzzSumo that help you discover social shares of your blog or mentions of your website. For best results, scan different potential variations of your brand and look into if your team members have been mentioned as well. And, of course, assess the authority and consider if you would like your website to have a link on a specific page.
- Find contact information. Naturally, you need to reach out to get your link included with your brand mention. You can try to find the author of the article or the website editor’s contact details. If that fails, use the general contact address or contact form to get in touch.
- Send in the pitch. Find a reason how including your link would benefit the page in question and not just your brand alone. For instance, if you have a blog post covering a similar topic as the page you are trying to acquire a backlink on, it would be wise to suggest linking to that specific page rather than your homepage.
- Follow up. If you have not heard back or adding the backlink takes more time than initially agreed, make sure to follow up. But make sure you don’t be too pushy either. Schedule your first follow-up after a few days and another one a week later. Keep in mind to keep track of your outreach efforts to have an overview of your results.
Fix broken and lost links
A broken link or a dead link refers to a hyperlink that no longer directs to the correct URL or points to a deleted page that no longer exists.
While broken links are annoying and harm the user experience, they also bring down your rankings. Therefore it’s crucial that you knowingly keep an eye out for any broken or dead links and replace or delete them as soon as possible.
Some tools to use to find broken links
- Ahrefs Webmaster Tools and Site Explorer – find any links that have stopped working within seconds and fix them before harming your rankings.
- Screaming Frog helps you find broken links and other errors on your website.
Get listed on niche-related platforms
If your business model fits, you should try to get listed on these websites. Being represented on well-known crypto-related platforms will help you build trust among the community.
So check out their listing criteria and requirements and find an option suitable for your business needs.
Be active in crypto related forums
Like everything mentioned above, you should have a focus in place when engaging in discussions on crypto forums to drive traffic to your website and spread information about your brand.
In order to have an effective strategy for communication on forums
- Look for relevant forums in the crypto sphere and provide value with every post you create. Make sure that what you have to say fits the specific topic and is interesting for the readers.
- Prioritize forums and other online communities with solid metrics like organic traffic, referring domains, DA, and DR.
- Engage in well-moderated forums. Being active in a forum with zero moderation will put you at risk of being associated with low-quality and spammy websites by Google.
- Ensure you always use correct grammar and proofread. This will help your posts be noticed in a good way and not be deleted or marked as spam.
By following these steps, you will increase your chances of getting and maintaining quality backlinks from various online communities and forums and help you stand out in the crypto world.
Link Building Do’s and Don’ts
As you might have gathered, getting quality backlinks is one of the key elements to establishing a great SEO tactic and helping your website be on top of the search engine rankings and build a well-established online presence.
Simultaneously, letting your guard down and not knowing what you are doing when using link-building practices can send a negative signal to Google and do more harm than good.
Therefore, let’s go quickly over the primary link building practices which help you excel in driving traffic to your website
3 link building do’s
- Quality over quantity. While the number of backlinks will create a better backlink profile, low-quality backlinks can do more harm than good. Low-quality backlinks may be the reason why your page ranking is low. Always focus on gaining high-quality backlinks to ensure your work will be worthwhile.
- Analyze your competitors’ backlinks. This will benefit you in two ways. Firstly, you will understand how well your competitors are performing, and secondly, you will have a better understanding of crypto industry websites that you can use for your own link building as well.
- Get links to multiple pages on your website. Your homepage is the heart of your website, but having backlinks that only redirect to your homepage can look spammy and harm your SEO.
3 link building don’ts
- Keep it relevant. No matter the domain ratings, your backlinks only work if you work together with relevant websites. Remember, Google’s algorithm’s top priority is content relevance when evaluating links.
- Stay away from link farms. Link farms are pages with the purpose of increasing other sites’ link popularity, but it’s an easy way out. In the end, Google can penalize your website for getting involved with link farming.
- Avoid spammy forums. While engaging in various crypto forums and discussions is an excellent tactic to increase your brand awareness and drive traffic to your site, posting on unmoderated forums full of ads won’t do you any good.
To Sum Up
Crypto link building can be challenging as there’s wide competition in the market, and newcomers aren’t always trusted. However, by following the steps covered above, you will be able to create your crypto business a credible online presence and start making a name for yourself.